NFIB/Ohio Announces Members Elected to Statewide Leadership Council and OfficersFriday, February 16, 2018
Posted by Reagan Reeve
The National Federation of Independent Business/Ohio, the state’s leading small business association, announces the election of new members and officers to its statewide Leadership Council.
Newly elected members of the NFIB/Ohio Leadership Council include:
• Steve Bruns, Bruns General Contracting (Tipp City)
• Clara Osterhage, RLO, Inc. Great Clips (Dayton)
• Ben Pearson, Manchester Animal Clinic (Manchester)
• Zoi Romanchuk, PR Machine Works (Ontario)
• Susan Sukys, Mosaic Financial Group (Mt. Vernon)
Pictured l to r: NFIB/Ohio Vice President Roger Geiger, Clara Osterhage, Ty Baker-Baumann, Zoi Romanchuk, Susan Sukys, and Steve Bruns.
In addition to electing members of the Council, the following members were elected to serve in leadership positions:
• Ty Baker-Baumann of REBSCO, Inc. (Greenville) was elected council chair;
• Chris Ellis of Helping Hands Healthcare, Inc. (Cincinnati) was elected vice chair;
• Albert Macre of Albert F, Macre & Company (Steubenville) was elected chair of the NFIB OH PAC, the organization’s political action committee, and;
• Mark Fowler of Crestline Products (Crestline) is the immediate past chair of the Council.
The council, which holds quarterly meetings that serve to guide the organization’s statewide activities, currently has 39 members in total. The NFIB/Ohio Leadership Council is made up of independent smb owners whose role it is to help steer the organization’s advocacy program while assisting in efforts to bring small-business issues to the attention of state and federal.
The members serving on the Leadership Council represent businesses of varying sizes and geographic areas of the state of Ohio. As a truly member-driven organization, the 39 members of the Leadership Council participate in committees, assist in the implementation of NFIB events across the state, as well as serving on statewide boards and commissions and in their local governments.
“Representing 23,000 small business owners in Ohio, NFIB serves as the voice of Ohio’s economic engine. We are proud to have this group directing our state Leadership Council and advancing the cause of Ohio’s entrepreneurs in their ability to own, operate, and grow their businesses,” said Vice President/Executive Director of NFIB/Ohio Roger R. Geiger. “As a member-driven association, NFIB relies on the involvement of members such as these to offer their knowledge and guidance to allow us to truly be the leading representative for small business at the Ohio Statehouse.”