11 Web Tips help with Google RankingTuesday, May 22, 2007
Posted by Brawlin Melgar
by John Beagle
If you are in-charge of your smb company website, keep these 11 important web page tips in mind.
2. Body Text
3. 'H' headline tags
4. Bold/strong tags
5. Image file names
6. Image alt text
7. Domain name
8. File path
10. File size
11. Review Inbound links
Here are my comments regarding each element:
- Keywords in the title tag are important for high rankings on Google. It is also important that the targeted keywords are mentioned in the body text. Note: he title tag is the most important.
- Keywords in H1-H6 headline tags have an influence on rankings. H1 has a higher impact than H6, but all help with page rank.
- Using keywords in bold or strong tags will also have a positive effect on page rank.
- Put keywords in the image file name, make sure you use image alt tags.
- Use the targeted keyword in the domain name for higher rankings. These sites get many inbound links with the domain name as the link text.
- Keywords in the file path don't seem to have a positive effect on Google page rank. However, web pages that use very few parameters in the URL (?id=r42345t534, etc.) or no parameters at all tend to get higher page rankings than URLs that contain many parameters. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 12pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: au